Monday, April 23, 2007

Too Funny...

Ever since I learned that most commercial products put a small 800-number on their packages for consumer questions, I've felt compelled to call the customer service reps to harass them. Each time I do this, readers write in, contending that I am one sick guy.

EMETROL FOR NAUSEA


Me: I feel as though the world is an implacable, oppressive universe, indifferent to me as a human being. Can your product help?

Bridget: What sort of symptoms have you been having?

Me: Nausea, which Jean-Paul Sartre defined as the sickening awareness that we live only with an illusion of free will in an existence that is utterly pointless. Will Emetrol work for me?

Bridget: Let me pull the product information up.

Me:

Bridget: It only relieves nausea due to upset stomachs.

Me: Well, I do feel it in my gut. It's a revulsion caused by the conflict between spiritually destructive conformity and the human need to be authentic. Do you recommend the 4-ounce size, or bigger?

Bridget: Well, the dosage is one to two tablespoons every 15 minutes until the distress subsides.

Me: Whoa, I might need gallons!

3 comments:

Overheard in Midcity said...

ummmmmm...

Pink Prada said...

i love it!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can talk to HR about that?

Overheard in Midcity

Chronicles the quotes and quips of PR consultants in the city of spin.
"No billable hours were harmed during postings to this blog."